Zombieluv Contest – Forever June 22, 2010Posted by techtigger in flash fiction, writing contest.
@marirandomities has come up with a fantastically gory little idea – the Zombie Luv flash fiction contest 🙂 How could I resist a writing prompt like that?
Her eyes were the color of frozen meat. Her lips more maggot than flesh. Dry, brittle finger bones scratched at the shimmering curtain of the containment spell with a mindless determination, an automatic response to the reanimation process.
Ryan knew where it had all gone wrong. It wasn’t his fault though, the Devil had lied to him. He remembered that night clearly – the mist at the crossroads, and an unholy pact to bring back the woman he loved. The Devil had laughed, as only He can when a deal has been made. Ryan should have known better than to trust Old Nick, but he was desperate, and figured the laugh was just to add to the atmosphere. The Devil had an image to uphold, after all.
Laura continued to scrabble at the walls of the containment spell, and would keep doing so until the hour was up and the spell faded. Ryan glanced at his watch; only two minutes remained. He brushed aside the chalk lines on the floor with his foot to set her loose, and braced himself as she shambled towards him.
His soul was lost anyway. At least this way they could be together, forever.
- The story must be a romance between two zombies. Make it as horrific as you like. 😉
- Stories containing animal cruelty, torture, graphic sex or violence, any form of exaltation of violence, racism or other forms of prejudice will be immediately disqualified.
- Post your entry on your own blog, with a title resembling this:
- Leave your story title and a link to the story entry post as a comment at mari’s randomities: http://marisrandomities.blogspot.com
- Copy and paste the contest logo and the guidelines at the end of your entry post.